Friday, April 7, 2023

Creative absolution

 

You may have noticed the unpopular thing I recently put out into the world. I wrote it and there it is, for all to see and comment on. 

 

I have heard your complaints and taken them seriously. My partner is intimidated, my assistant is inundated, and my intern is medicated. But that’s normal for a creative type outpacing civilization.  


The trick to dealing with criticism is taking credit for the essence of a good idea and passing blame when things go awry. You see, this thing had potential for genius had I been given total control. I wasn’t given total control. So what you are seeing is a poor imitation of a potentially great work, watered down by those who don’t know any better. 


Here’s the point. I’m not at fault. It was someone else. Not me. Now, if in a few years, the tide turns and people start to like this thing again. Then I will happily and loudly take full individual credit, writing off those who played a miniscule part in this human drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment