Friday, November 13, 2020

My Influenc-urtext

 


“The difference between some pulp and lots of pulp is some pulp.”

 

There are few processes more essential than dissemination. Just ask any of the planet’s most notorious pollinators – that’s if you’re able to catch them between floral shifts. I exude witticisms during my morning cup of joe. Maxims are commonplace for me. As a teenager, they were as prevalent as my acne. Dictums materialize from nowhere, while precepts come about without precedence. Mottos follow me – not the other way around. Proverbs seek my advice. Axioms ask a lot of me – yet I deliver every time. I hand out epigrams to strangers like others hand out Halloween candy. I voice truisms in my sleep and new aphorisms when I’m waking up. I let others quote Twain and Will Rogers. I’m perfectly comfortable quoting myself. 

 

“If someone offers you a lot of money in cash, insist on getting the amount in coins. That way, you’ll be covered in the event of a fire.”

 

The concerning thing is that there’s no solid way of compiling all this wisdom. It could get lost – disappearing like the coming Yeti. Intrigued by civilization, but not quite ready to take the full plunge into the fully-clothed workforce. 

 

“Ads that don’t make you laugh should make you cry. Ads that don’t make you cry should make you sing. Ads that don’t make you sing should make you dance. And ads that don’t make you dance aren’t good ads.”

 

#Mosierisms came about the way most great things come about. By accident and on purpose. I’m not clear on what a hashtag is (it was news to me that it has nothing to do with cataloging breakfast potatoes), but I have a feeling it will help increase my visibility. And to think, I once believed cleaning my windshield would do that. But spotless glass only goes so far in this industry. You have to expand your network through other means. 

 

“It takes a leader to convert liters to gallons.”

 

“The more you care, the less you dare.” 

 

“The ideal creative brief should double as an undergarment.”

 

But is Mosierism right? What about Mosieritis? Since what I want ultimately is for people to experience my creative virality. Or maybe Mosierian if my best robes come back stainless from the cleaners in time (cults can’t compete in the marketplace of bad ideas without good threads). Mosieresque works for my followers. Mosieresco sounds like a salad dressing. The point is that I’m not settled on a single hashtag. And why should I? I contain multi-dudes. 

 

“Eating squirrel is nuts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment