Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Two Choices


“Ready to order?” 

“That’s a good question. Whaddya have?”

 

“Chicken and beef.”

 

“Chicken and beef or chicken or beef?”

 

“Or. You gotta choose one.”

 

“I was hoping for a little more variety, ya know?”

 

“Like what?”

 

“Fish, for one thing. Or a vegetarian option.”

 

“A lot of vegetarians eat chicken.”

 

“Do they?”

 

“That’s what they tell me.”

 

“I was in the mood for some baked sturgeon or a fried eggplant.”

 

“We don’t have that here. This is a simple place. You’re looking you have two choices. Lots of places around here have one dish and that’s it.”

 

“So you’re telling me it could be even worse?”

 

“If that’s how you choose to interpret it, so be it.”

 

“What you recommend?”

 

“You have to get the chicken. The beef is bad.”

 

“Bad? As in spoiled?”

 

“No, it’s delicious, just morally repugnant. Many of the worst people on earth ate beef.”

 

“And they didn’t eat chicken?”

 

“That’s my understanding.”

 

“I don’t think I’m hungry tonight. Maybe I’ll come back when you expand the menu.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment