Thursday, June 29, 2023

Whine connoisseur


“What’s your most affordable, best tasting whine?”

That depends on what type of whine you’re looking for.


“I want something that’s perfect for a night in complaining with old friends?”


In that case, you have some options to consider.


“This isn’t simply a time to commiserate with co-workers, full of gossip and self-censorship.”

 

In other words, it’s a free-wheeling evening of existential crises and major regrets.


“Exactly. We need a whine that allows for the night to extend into the morning.” 

 

Great whines stay with you. I’ve been it since practically the womb. Most of us have, even if we pretend otherwise.

 

“Ideally, it should feel like a religious experience.”

 

I think I know just the bottle for you. Hang on a second.

 

“So what’s it gonna be?”

 

Take a look.

 

“I don’t get it.” 

 

Oh, you will.

 

“But it’s a plastic jug of water.”

 

I had some other options in contention, but your religious remarks sealed it.

 

“And why is that?”

 

If that really is the case, you should be able to turn water into whine.

 

“This is outrageous. I've been duped by a true charlatan. You’ll be hearing from my lawyer.”

 

I’m sure I will, but it looks like you’re well on your way. Enjoy the whine.

 

“Go to hell.”  


A pleasure doing business with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment