Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Free Preach

When in need of spiritual guidance, I look to The Bible, recalling passages I long ago committed to memory, albeit under duress. I’m sure there are common themes that run through these verses. How could they not? Many still resonate years after those studious Sunday School sessions, tossing stone Frisbees between empty pews or playing pin the tail on the martyr. But now is not the time to overanalyze. Here are my favorites.

Rascal 4:13:

I can pay for everything through my tab, which gives me strength.


Deli 3:16

For God loved sandwiches and gave his one and only Reuben to the world, so that whoever needed a bite didn’t have to wait until dinner to eat. 


Axe 18:9

One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, because you're breaking up. I don't get great service here.”


The Book of Traffic 3:6

In all your ways acknowledge the other driver with a subtle, yet friendly two-finger wave, and he will make your paths straight and let you merge.


Fashionesis 12:2

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world – unless it’s paisley – and remember that what looks good on a set of curtains doesn’t always work on a pair of slacks. 


Things 4:6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer or text message.


Produce 5:22

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peaches, plums, and yes tomoatoes. I know, even I was little surprised. 


Murray 28:19

Therefore go and make pancakes for all nations, frying them in butter and stacking them high on a large enough platter for the father, son and entire family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment