Friday, July 28, 2023

Looking Fly

 

 

Going to the airport used to be a time to grab the iron from the closet and a spiffy new suit. Not anymore. Today, looking like a jet setting schlub is the platonic ideal of air travel. Why look good when you can feel comfortable? 

 

To me, the airport is a measly extension of my living space. I am living there, and it is space. I spread out, dress in loose-fitting pajamas. I wear a robe and carry a ceramic coffee mug with me to the gate. I even wear yoga pants without feeling the urge to do yoga. 

 

Some people think by carrying a neck pillow they have cracked the code. They haven’t. I tug along a rollaway bed. It’s not always easy getting through security, but it always pays off during a delay. Plus, no one seems to care what “group” I’m in during the boarding process. Is buying a bed every time I travel expensive? What do you think? However, if you spend more time at the airport than your home, you might be able to cut out rent altogether. I don’t wait in long cab lines after landing. I find my bed and take a quick nap. 

 

The big question is does this put me on some sort of list. I haven’t seen it. 

 

Everyone should accommodate you when you’re traveling. They are lucky to have you. At least that’s how I see it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment