Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Debatable

 

Did you watch last night’s debate?

No, I didn’t catch it, it was on too late.

But didn’t you hear, it went great?

No, I had too much on my plate.

Almost every answer was first rate.

But I’ve lost respect for the fourth estate.

That’s okay, I’ll do you a favor and annotate

There’s still too much time to bloviate

Still want me to automate?

There’s not much to celebrate

Anything else to resonate?

Neither that nor resuscitate 

Any faith in the welfare state?

Am I allowed to vacillate?

Only if you want another Watergate

Wouldn’t want to overstate

You’d be surprised what the public will tolerate

Do you care about either running mate?

I’d rather defibrillate.

Ya know, some watch just to commiserate. 

Sounds better to evacuate 

What if they incriminate? 

Exonerate, consecrate or indoctrinate?

Not much left to disseminate

Lots to capitulate

Or impersonate?

Usually gesticulate and berate

What is there left to evaluate?

Are we supposed to donate?

To whom: the newish candidate?

Or the future inmate?

But by not watching, I don’t need to recuperate.

Maybe next cycle, I’ll recalculate

It’s not exactly hate

But it might’ve been something I ate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment