Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Rodney Safetyfield

 

I get lots of respect, lots and lots of respect, I tell ya. When I come home after a long day at the office, my kids give me a standing ovation. They’re just so happy to see me. My dog feeds me, and it’s quite good honestly. 

 

I get plenty of respect, I’m considered an upstanding member of the community. Whenever I ride the subway, the disabled, pregnant and elderly offer up their seats, not wanting to see me stand for even a single stop. It’s a rather humbling experience. 

 

I get a good amount of respect, a really fair amount. Nice, quite nice. The other day I was getting lunch at a deli and the man making my sandwich tipped me. It was nice, I never carry cash anymore. 

 

I get a great deal of respect, more respect than most my age. It’s humbling, really. My wife paid for her engagement ring and proposed to me, said t was the least she could do. 

 

I get tons of respect, a heaping pile of respect, Oh yeah. I met Aretha Franklin at a hotel and she held the door for me. 

 

Imagine that?

No comments:

Post a Comment