Tuesday, July 19, 2022

The Camera Tricks

There are plenty of perfectly good reasons I keep my camera off during meetings. Like the great and powerful Oz, I want to maintain an air of mystery, as well as the upper hand. Too bad I don't own a really nice curtain, any green makeup, and exciting pyrotechnics are frowned up by building management. So, the next best thing I can do is keep my camera off.

How can I keep my reputation sterling when my co-workers can see the pixelated greens stuck between my teeth or take a gander at my slightly oversized melon head. Speaking of melons, they make a wonderful gift to new parents, since most (ripe ones) resemble the bulbous orbs resting atop an infant’s puny shoulders. A fun, heathy dessert the whole family can enjoy.

My camera stays off so I can stand up and work on my jumping jack technique. I have trouble sitting still and like to pace back and forth. I hang pictures during meetings, put a fresh coat of paint on my walls, and sometimes try and take a nap. The camera is an invasion of privacy. When I’m working from home, you don’t get to see inside my personal space. 


I don’t turn my camera on for another important reason – it allows me to leave the house and go on a quick trip to the beach without anyone being the wiser. Who are they to see my sunscreen lathered beach bod? It’s wildly inappropriate. 


The last thing I need is for some intern to critique how I fry an egg, since meetings have the tendency to make me hungry. I cook and clean while others are lost in projects.


I go on mute, too. This allows me to mutter during the duration of the call. I can even interject crude asides and never have to worry that my heavy sigh is too heavy.


The only time to turn your camera on are on those rare occasions you need a time-stamped alibi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment