Thursday, February 8, 2024

Cool Down

 

The ad agency Big Spaceship rebranded itself SPCSHP, now forced to explain the proper pronunciation using a parenthetical (in case you’re wondering, it’s still “spaceship”). This got me thinking: can I apply lessons from these purveyors of cool to my own life? 

 

I’d like to think so. Being cool used to be about leather jackets and smoking cigarettes. Sports cars and snazzy sunglasses. A well-timed quip or a perfectly tuned finger snap. These were the hallmarks of coolness since the beginning of time. But not everyone knows how to snap and few have access to great vintage clothing. 

 

Today, all you need is the caps lock key and an aversion to vowels. Now, my name is littered with vowels, starting with the very first letter.

 

Henceforth, I shall be known as LVR MSR (pronounced Oliver Mosier). It has a nice ring to it, don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment