Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Wig Deal

 

I try not to give credit to the British, considering how this country was founded. I don’t take milk in my tea is a single, not-so-silent protest. But I’ve come to a harsh realization that part of the reason lawyers in America, and for that matter, the entire judicial system, do not command respect is the decided lack of wigs.  

 

Wigs, though goofy, put our founding fathers on a pedestal closer to Mount Olympus than Mount Pleasant, New Jersey. It wasn’t because of their writing or philosophizing; it was their curly white locks. That set the bar that the second generation of American politicians found themselves losing face with their commitment to au naturale. 

 

While I think this would instantly change the perception of the legal profession, I believe wigs deserve wider appeal and acceptance. Instead of forcing deli workers to don hairnets, why not let them choose sandwich-inspired wigs? Seems only fair and sanitary to do so. 

Take the presidents, for instance. Wouldn’t the adoption of artificial hairpiece instantly change the way we view a certain candidate? 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment