Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Naan Fungible Tokens

I skipped every economics class in college, preferring to absorb information from professors unaffected by the mean streaks common with the typical Nobel taint. So I don’t know what I’m talking about, but since it’s 2022, that isn’t going to prevent me from saying it. The main reason I haven’t jumped at the opportunity to embrace Blockchain technology is simple. I can’t eat it. Sorry, but that’s how you invest in yourself.

Cash, the old kind, is filthy, changing hands millions of times before finally leaving circulation. I’m not a vending machine prepared to accept the crinkliest of dollar bills and the greasiest of coins. When NFTs came along, I thought, there goes another thing I can’t eat. What good is that? Wouldn’t it be nice to leave a tip at a fancy restaurant the waitstaff could use immediately and digest eventually? You would think so. 


My idea is for naan fungible tokens. Right away, they’d the best tasting thing in the marketplace. I’ve heard from a couple sources that old French francs aren’t bad, all that butter I think is the difference. But good luck finding a few bills in a world full of trash Euros. There have been coins oxidizing over centuries, developing a certain copper tang associated with select breakfast cereals and lampposts. However, edible examples of currency are few and far between. Chocolate gelt only comes around once a year. And that’s just dessert. 


Naan is the bread of life. It goes with basically anything and it teaches all these people trading old NFTs what life is really about. Of course, there are very real issues with basing an entire economy around bread and bread-related items. It’s not always a simple process fitting your earnings into a normal wallet. That’s why you start with flatbread and slowly expand out, leavening your portfolio. Or something. Plus, that’s what vaults are for. For once, the smell of a bank could be something other than carpet cleaner and hand sanitizer. Lazy bank robbers might actually get off their computers and go out into the world for once. Bread has that effect on people. 


We’ve been referring to money as bread and dough for centuries, rarely analyzing the meaning. Wouldn’t it be nice if those words finally rang true? 

No comments:

Post a Comment